Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Famous cat: Garfield

Who doesn't know Garfield? Who doesn't like Garfield? I'm pretty sure only a few people would answer yes to both questions.


Since Jim Davis' Garfield came out in 1978 he had conquered the world. He was able to evolve into more than just a comics you read in the Sunday Newspapers but he had also become a celebrity both in the small and big screen. He had won awards, like the 1985 & 1989 Emmy Awards for Outstanding Animated Program, he is in the Guinnes Book of World Records as the "Most Syndicated Comic Strip in the World", his comics had been translated to different languages, and he even has a CD!!!


I could just go on and on about the things this feline was able to achieve but I have another question at hand, why? What is it that Garfield has that we just love and adore?


His cute, haha... but definitely not the cutest... There are cuter cartoons... But there something about his built (I don't know if that's the correct term, built...) that you could just adore. He seems so fat and huggable that you just wanna squeeze him. He'll probably scratch you when you do that but I wouldn't mind trying. He can be fat and perfect at the same time...


Sarcasm... Quirky one liners... Something you could just love about Garfield... This may be Jim Davis' thoughts but somehow it sounds oh so Garfield. Here's my favorite...


"I'm not getting fat! I'm just getting really, really smart so there's no more room in my head and my brain is going in my stomach"

More or less, it sounded like that... anyway, there would always be a time when you can just relate to what his saying... and you can't help but agree with him. To Garfield life is simple and he always has a way to make life work with him... even if it's Monday... Take it to Garfield to figure out a way to make things go his way....


Garfield may be lazy, demanding, overweight, and selfish but his lovable nonetheless. He's no pretender.... and I guess one good reason why he stands time and is continually loved by thousands. He has life, it's like Jim Davis' gave him a soul... something most characters wasn't able to achieve.

No comments: