Friday, September 5, 2008

Finding Nemo

No this will not be about the lost fish in the Disney-Pixar Movie but rather I would be telling you the story of how me and my family found our cat, Nemo.


We were just about to go home after our visit to our relatives. Christmas was approaching and we were being all excited about attending the simbang gabi (mass early in the morning, a Christmas tradition in the Philippines) it was already Christmas vacation so we all could attend now.

Then we heard this soft meowing out of no where. We saw this little kitty walking in the street. There are a lot of stray cats in the Philippines so seeing a lone kitty is just common.

We have a cat at home named Mimi who just gave birth so we were all excited about kitties at that time. My sister started calling the kitty with that wiss-wiss-wiss sound that always makes cats listen, I don't know why but they do. Anyway, the little kitty went towards my sisters direction and started purring and being all sweet.

Not all stray cats like people most of them would hiss at you so we were really taken by how sweet this little kitty is. Even though it doesn't snow in the Philippines it's really cold in December plus it rains a lot. If we were to leave him alone he'll surely die. But we know my mama doesn't want another cat. After all we already have one plus four new 0nes.

I asked my mama if we could bring it to tita's home and leave it there. He could be fed by tita who doesn't like cats but feeds a lot of stray cats who made a home of her backyard. But suprisingly she said we could bring it home with us. She was won over by how cute and sweet he was.

While we were walking towards the sakayan ng jeepney we were thinking about a name. I said why not nemo, I haven't watch the film but he makes me think of Nemo.

So there you have it, the story of how we found Nemo. He is now about 3 yrs. old and considers himself King of all the cats... haha... He's still sweet and we love him...

No comments: